- 1kg of deseeded and chopped butternut squash - 1 Large red onion finely chopped - 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped - 1 Red pepper de-seeded and cut into cubes - 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 5cm/2in piece of fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- Himalayan pink salt and cayenne pepper to taste
1. Set oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6
2. Tip the prepared squash into a large, re-sealable freezer bag with the onion, carrots and red pepper. Add half the oil and salt and pepper and toss everything together until the vegetables are evenly coated. Tip into a large roasting tin and spread out to form a single layer.
3. Roast in the oven for 40–45 minutes, or until tender and tinged brown.
4. Place a large, deep-sided saucepan over a medium heat, add the remaining oil and, when it is hot, add the ginger and fry for a minute. Add water and bring to the boil, then stir in the roasted vegetables and add salt and pepper. Remove the saucepan from the heat and, using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth.